Nombre * Profesor * Gabby Owen Patty Sammy Firstadults2020 21-22 * Firstadults2020 21-22
A. Future Forms: Choose the correct option.
1. ‘__________ with your homework if you like.’ * (a) I’m helping (b) I’ll help (c) I’m going to help 2. ’You can borrow my sister’s books. She __________.’ * (a) won’t mind (b) isn’t going to mind (c) won’t be minding 3. ‘I can’t come with you for lunch because __________ the boss in a few minutes.’ * (a) I’m seeing (b) I’ll see (c) I see 4. ‘4. This time next week __________ at the beach!’ * (a) I’ll surf (b) I’ll be surfing (c) I’m surfing 5. ‘It’s now 10 p.m., so by the time I go home at 10.30 I __________ for twelve hours non-stop.’ * (a) will work (b) will have been working (c) will be working
B. Phrasal Verbs: Choose the correct option.
1. ‘Emma has __________ too much work. She is tired all the time.’ * (a) taken up (b) taken on (c) taken to 2. ‘Jack has __________ rugby this year. He really likes it.’ * (a) taken up (b) taken on (c) taken to 3. ‘I’ve never __________ sci-fi films. I guess I’m just not into it.’ * (a) taken up (b) taken on (c) taken to 4. ‘The team was doing badly before our new coach __________. Now we are winning matches.’ * (a) took up (b) took over (c) took out 5. ‘If you drive a car, you must __________ insurance in case you have an accident.’ * (a) take out (b) take on (c) take in
C. Vocabulary: Choose the correct option.
1. ‘My brother has a __________ in Maths from Oxford University.’ * (a) title (b) career (c) degree 2. ‘The __________ at this university are given by experts in their subjects.’ * (a) classes (b) lectures (c) talks 3. ‘By this time next year, I will have _______________________ from university.’ * (a) graduated (b) qualified (c) educated 4. ‘At the last History seminar I attended, there were just five other students and our __________.’ * (a) tutor (b) trainer (c) coach 5. ’After Alfie left _______________________ school, he went to University.’ * (a) higher (b) academic (c) secondary
D. Phrasal Verbs: Choose the correct option.
1. ’I can’t hear you. Will you __________, please?’ * (a) sum up (b) speed up (c) speak up 2. ‘The band __________ after 20 years together.’ * (a) ran up (b) split up (c) tidied up 3. ‘Whenever they play in this room I have to __________ afterwards.’ * (a) tidy up (b) eat up (c) speed up 4. ‘Green vegetables are very good for you, so __________.’ * (a) dig up (b) use up (c) eat up 5. ‘When they were building the new library, they __________ many ancient objects.’ * (a) dug up (b) split up (c) tidied up
E. Quantifiers: Choose the correct option.
1. ‘We will be in Rome for __________ days, but we won’t have time to see all the sights.’ * (a) a little (b) a few (c) few 2. ‘My Japanese isn’t good, so I understood __________ of what the karate master said.’ * (a) little (b) a little (c) a few 3. ‘I can speak __________ French, but I’m not very good at it.’ * (a) a little (b) a few (c) little 4. ’4. I’ve got __________free time this afternoon, so I can help you with your school project.’ * (a) little (b) a few (c) a little 5. ’5. We’ve scored very__________ goals this season, and we haven’t won any matches.’ * (a) few (b) little (c) a few
F. Purpose links: Choose the correct option.
1. ‘He hit the ball hard __________ the other player couldn’t reach it.’ * (a) so that (b) so as 2. ‘You should wear good walking shoes __________ don’t damage your feet.’ * (a) in order not to (b) so that you 3. ‘I left early __________ avoid the traffic.’ * (a) so as to (b) so that 4. ‘Jenny took off his sock __________ the doctor cold see his ankle.’ * (a) in order to (b) so that 5. ‘Anna joined the tennis club __________ make new friends.’ * (a) so that (b) to